Working with us always involves (1) you educating us about your story, your hopes, and your aspirations; (2) a review of your current situation, and to what extent your existing plan works to meet your goals; (3) as needed, designing a plan that works (i.e., achieves the results you desire); (4) putting the legal documents on paper, reviewing and signing them; and then (5) implementing your plan (as regards property ownership, beneficiary changes needed, and the financial steps agreed to), so that it will work as expected.
To that end, our Family ProtectionPlan process has been carefully developed over many years to achieve the results you want. Some things our client have told us they want are:
- Keeping the estate settlement simple and private, with no unnecessary costs
- Protecting inheritances from divorce, financial mismanagement, and lawsuits
- Protection from the costs of long-term care
- In case of a disability, making sure they are cared for in the manner they've chosen
- Making sure a surviving spouse's remarriage doesn't accidentally disinherit the children
- Arranging for the care of minor children if the parents are disabled (naming guardians in your Will doesn't do this)
- Making sure their wealth is received correctly, as well as transferred efficiently
- Preserving important family stories, beliefs and values
Making the Most of your Investment - the LifePlan Advantage™
An estate plan faces a myriad of changes. First, there is constant change in your personal, family, and financial situation. Second, there is constant change in both tax and non-tax law that impacts your estate plan. Third, there is constant change in your attorney's experience and expertise, as well as your professional advisors' ongoing education and collective experience.
Since everything constantly changes, you cannot expect a plan to accomplish what it is intended to accomplish if it is never updated. The costs of failing to update are typically far greater than the costs of keeping your plan current.
Over many years of practice, we've learned that it's not about documents - it's about results! The key to proper estate planning is clear, comprehensive, customized instructions for your own care and that of your loved ones. We find that most of our clients are served with a properly drafted estate plan backed up by our LifePlan Advantage.
DocuBank provides emergency access to your healthcare directives, 24/7/365, worldwide. We include DocuBank as part of our estate planning services to ensure that your living will, health care power of attorney and other medical directives will be available when you need them, where you need them.
Be sure to carry your DocuBank Emergency Card in your wallet -- next to your driver’s license or health insurance card -- at all times. You should also periodically update your emergency contact and medical information stored with DocuBank. To do so, simply click here. For more information on this valuable service, visit www.DocuBank.com.